Writing Goals and Resolutions – January Update
To keep me on the straight and narrow, I thought it might be an idea to track how I’m doing month by month with my writing goals for 2009, and my general New Year resolutions.
- Write every day, aiming for a minimum of two pages each day.
I have not written a minimum of two pages each day, however today I started on The Artist’s Way, which requires a minimum of three pages a day!
- Compile an electronic anthology of my my best short stories from 2008.
The stories have been selected, and are in the process of being edited/redrafted.
- Launch the Chinese Whispers anthology.
No progress yet.
- Enter six writing contests.
One entry in January – Kingston Readers’ Festival Short Cuts 2009 competition submitted. Five more to go.
- Complete two manuscripts to a publishable standard.
- Participate in, and complete, NaNoWriMo 2009.
I might stop mentioning this one until November rolls around!
New Year Resolutions
- Read at least one book per month.
Books read this month – Animal Farm, Burmese Days, A Clergyman’s Daughter, Coming Up For Air (all by George Orwell), The Red House Mystery by AA Milne.
- Get my 5k time down to 18 minutes.
After the foot injury at the start of the year I’m starting off running 2.5k at lunchtimes. Approximate 5k time is 25 mins.
- Run the BUPA London 10,000 in 45 minutes.
On course to run it, time is looking at 50-55 mins so far.
- Take part in a half-marathon in late summer.
Depending on injury, might bump this to later in the year.
- Take part in a full-marathon at the end of the year.
Depending on injury, might bump this to early next year.