Another year, another set of resolutions. Last year I posted my anti-resolutions, and I am pleased to report I kept all of them.
This year Dale has posted ten new anti-resolutions, and thrown down the gauntlet to the rest of us.
So here they are, my 10 Anti-Resolutions for 2009:
- I will not launch a campaign to have Paul’s Letter to the Town Council included as one of the books of the New Testament.
- I will not insist that everyone is merely a pawn in my elaborate games, especially those who object to moving to Queen’s Bishop 7 to block a check during the Mazeratti Defence.
- I will not run for political office with a campaign pledge to abolish Tuesday mornings.
- I will not decide which team to support in the Superbowl on the basis of who has the nicest hair.
- I will not advocate Mentos and Pepsi as an alternative fuel source.
- Mathematics has irrational numbers and imaginery numbers. I will not insist they also include wacky or unsettling numbers.
- .tcaer elpoep woh ees ot tsuj sdrawkcab epyt ton lliw I
- Iway alsoway illway otnay ypetay inway igpay atinlay.
- Contrary to popular belief, the answer is not 42, and I will not use it as the answer to every question I am asked.
- As funny as this would be, I will not tell a child that every time a light goes out on a Christmas tree, a fairy dies, and that the only way to bring the fairy back is to clap. Then rig the lights up to The Clapper.